The Power Of Three by GMG Sisters
Life is just fine...
Sometimes it's full of bliss...
Other times it can be filled with darkness...
But whatever life may bring....
We will always have one another through thick and thin!

The gentle sound of the door shutting woke me up around 6:30 yesterday afternoon. Mike just got home and I was eager to hear what he's gonna tell me about his day. After a few minutes of chitchatting, he asked me if I wanted to go to Walmart so we could grocery shop. I said "not really...it's boring...but we have to!" I guess when you do something very often, it slowly becomes tedious and dull like a chore.

So anyway, while I was pushing the cart busy picking out our necessities, I suddenly remember how modest my life was back in the Philippines-life there was undeniably prudent! We are not very poor but we can't afford the expense of a bountiful grocery shopping every two weeks- so we do a tightly budgeted one approximately once a month. The funny part is that, it's like a treat for us every time we go to the grocery store. We chuckle for joy whenever mom invites us to shop with her.

Mike called out my name waking me up from my dreamy state. I regained back my senses and guilt started to grow inside of me. I realized I can have anything that I want at present and yet I was still complaining! I felt ashamed! I guess I need to occasionally slap myself on the head to constantly remind me of how lucky I am for what I have now! These flashbacks should inspire me to appreciate my blessings- big or small, great or simple.

Life is too short for us to always pick on tiny little things. We should probably look at how much we have that others don‘t have--maybe then, we'll be happier and we'll be more gracious for the things we're bestowed with!

-Mabel-
Add to Technorati FavoritesAdd to Google Reader or Homepage



8 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    thanks for sharing...
    Anonymous said...
    Thanks for reminding me that it's always a good thing to focus on what you have, rather than what you don't. Very inspiring post.
    Anonymous said...
    love your thought
    soulhangout said...
    So true. It's possibly about revisiting whatever we have with the newness of the newborn.
    I love your blog
    franx said...
    Great post...Gratitude everyday and our life will be great
    Matt Zavadil said...
    Thanks for this post. It's always good to remind ourselves of how we are fortunate. The energy of gratitude is very powerful and greatly effects our health and all that goes on around us.
    Anonymous said...
    Thanks for all your comments! It's really easy to get clouded sometimes. That's why we should always remind ourselves that we're all blessed in different ways! :)
    xxxloixxx said...
    Very inspiring post!

Post a Comment