The Power Of Three by GMG Sisters
Life is just fine...
Sometimes it's full of bliss...
Other times it can be filled with darkness...
But whatever life may bring....
We will always have one another through thick and thin!

Picture by: Cryptia on Flickr
Losing clumps of hair during my daily shower has been freaking me out the past couple of months! I am not sure how much loss is considered normal. I even dreamt that a stack of hair fell off while I was braiding my hair. It's obviously stressing me out because even in my dreams it's haunting me! Horrible things started to play inside my mind. Am I going to be bald? How am I going to deal with self esteem and social life if it happens?!
I came across a helpful website about my problem. A good sigh of relief bursted out from my chest after finding out that hair loss is typically normal.
"Everyone loses between 40 and 120 strands a day, depending on how much hair you have, your age and your hair's growth cycle. People with fine hair tend to have more of it and therefore will lose more of it than their thicker-haired sisters and brothers. Your hair also thins as you get older, particularly after menopause for women. But unlike aging men, the thinning tends to stop after awhile." -Full article-
I guess there's no need to panic unless you see significant patchy bald spots on your head. But when the hairloss has evidently gone too far, you'll have to seek preventative treatments to possibly cure the condition.
If you wish to keep your hair thick, then keep in mind that prevention is better than cure. There are things you can do to stop hair loss before it
occurs, unless it's something genetically inherited. Read these articles to learn more about hair loss and to educate yourself on the appropriate haircare to minimize hair shedding. article 1, article 2, artice 3

-Mabel-
Add to Technorati FavoritesAdd to Google Reader or Homepage



12 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    we have the same problem, it's good that I checked my mybloglog :) I am getting crazy with all hair fall every showers and every brushing..sigh!

    ang haba pa naman ng buhok ko lol at malayo pa ko sa menopause :)
    Anonymous said...
    the length of the hair is a big factor din daw manilenya. The longer it is, the higher chance of losing more hair. Desperada na nga ako dahil binilang ko lahat ng hairfall ko about two days ago. hehe! take good care of your hair because it's gorgeously straight and shiny!
    Erin Cronican said...
    I freaked myself out in the shower the other day- I could not BELIEVE that amount of hair streaming down the tub floor toward the drain. Ick.
    Owi said...
    Hi ... i admire the fact that the central theme of your blog is based on your best friends(sisters) .. It is always a blessing to know that you have someone that you can count on no matter the situation ... You have really cool posts ... keep them coming ... cheers
    Anonymous said...
    Erin, welcome to the club!
    Owi, my sisters mean the world to me and thanks a lot for the compliment! :)
    Unknown said...
    I have the same problem too.I think we are lack of amino acid and some sort of vitamin in our body.Try not to eat too much salty food.Hope that's help.
    Anonymous said...
    saan ka sa cagayn sis?
    punta kmi el salvador
    doon sa shrin ni divine mercy.
    worth remembering ang day ko doon.
    i have fun.
    so sad lng i never got a chance na mag tour around the city.
    anyway,link na po kta.
    Joanne said...
    have this problem too before. i changed my shampoo with pregroe and thanks to God, it solved my problem... :)


    --- Joanne Apat
    Relationship Talks
    News, Society and Opinion
    Arts and Entertainment Talks
    Finance Talks
    Health Talks
    Preston said...
    My daughter is 28. Her hair is almost down to her butt and I think she sheds more than my dogs do. She uses special shampoos and conditioners but still the drain gets filled with her hair. It's kinda yicky but very normal.
    Bay Martin said...
    A professional trichologist can help you solve your problem. He/She will tell you if your hair loss is normal or a cause for concern.

    In general, women don't get bald, may be, hair would go thinner as you age.
    Bay Martin said...
    A professional trichologist can help you solve your problem. He/She will tell you if your hair loss is normal or a cause for concern.

    In general, women don't get bald, may be, hair would go thinner as you age.
    Anonymous said...
    thanks for the advice Kuya Onchong! I think I'm harsh to my hair too because I always tie them up "tightly" in pigtails. I think it's getting better now though! :)

Post a Comment