The Power Of Three by GMG Sisters
Life is just fine...
Sometimes it's full of bliss...
Other times it can be filled with darkness...
But whatever life may bring....
We will always have one another through thick and thin!

Three days ago, my left lower eyelid started to twitch briskly. I handled it pretty well the first day hoping it would go away soon. It kept on going for two days, and I finally decided to stop pretending like I’m not worried. The sensation was too annoying to bear and the thought of having eye spasm forever is not exciting at all! I went online to search for it’s underlying cause and to find out what I can possibly do to stop it.

I discovered that involuntary spasms of the tiny muscles surrounding the eye can be triggered by tiredness, consuming too much caffeine, fatigue, alcohol, stress, allergies, nutritional imbalance, and dry eyes. A sudden-onset of eyelid twitching is not serious or a sign of a medical problem, but they can be vexatious because they could last for days, weeks or even months.

I felt relieved finding out that most eye twitches are harmless, unless it‘s persistent and more violent. I concluded that exhaustion, stress, spending long periods of time in front of the computer, and watching too much Olympics are the causes of my eye-twitch. I decided to take a break and have a lot of sleep. When I woke up this afternoon, my ugly twitch was gone!! I guess I learned my lesson well. I need to be more aware of my vulnerability- if I don’t take good care of my health, I’ll have to suffer the consequences. So guys and girls, if you don’t want to experience a bothersome rippling eye tic, do not take your health for granted. Eat well, get enough sleep and live a healthy life!

-Mabel-
Add to Technorati FavoritesAdd to Google Reader or Homepage

1 Comment:

  1. Unknown said...
    now THAT's interesting. In our culture (race) we joke that the eye twitches because the person nearest to you is getting on your nerves, lol

Post a Comment