The Power Of Three by GMG Sisters
Life is just fine...
Sometimes it's full of bliss...
Other times it can be filled with darkness...
But whatever life may bring....
We will always have one another through thick and thin!

People often call us as the Tres Marias. We grew up like best of friends. When one is in trouble, the other two are always there to back her up. These are the things that we are proud of about our family. We always treasure the tie that binds us together. Today we chatted about our unforgettable childhood memories, and we would like to share some of them with you:

Gerryl: When I was about 4 years old I vaguely remember giving Mabel the first haircut of her life! A sudden itch to play around with my sister’s hair came over me when I was left alone with her. First few cuts were really crooked so I decided to cut more and more, until it became really short. Mabel’s eyes grew big when she saw her reflection in the mirror- she looked like a boy! Keeping her hair long is precious to her, so she was really upset about losing her rich beautiful curls. Mom had to come to the rescue to fix the haircut, but it was too late! It was a disaster and I was in big trouble!! After that experience, I never played with scissors and hair again.

Trivia about Mabel: She loves to sing in the shower and she likes to fondle the tip of her pillow when she gets the chance!

Mabel: One of the things that I remember most about my childhood is dislocating my collar bone. Oh God, it was awfully painful!! As my Ate Gerryl was running cheerfully up and down the long skinny bench, my curiosity enticed me to do the same thing. Unfortunately, I wasn’t as nimble as my sister. I fell down and hurt myself badly. Manong Padoy our neighbor came to help put the dislocated bone back into place. Luckily, they didn’t have to rush me to the hospital. It took me a couple of months to recover. Good thing my mom was there to nurse me back to health! From that day on, I was more careful about my actions and I tried to shy away from doing the dirty little stunts of my dear sister.

Trivia about Genevieve: she is crazy about rubbing her feet on the mosquito net. She carries it with her wherever she goes.

Genevieve: I was in the third grade when Ate Mabel and I joined a dance competition in our community. Day and night we practiced patiently to perfect our steps. Our most awaited day came and we were both so confident that we'll do great. However there was a wee bit of a setback because our tape did not cooperate during our presentation-- we can barely hear the music!! Ate Mabel started dancing--to my surprise she changed all of our dance steps! I had the most difficult time catching up so I was really dismayed. I can’t believe our shining moment has turned out to be a really embarrassing experience. All throughout the dance, I kept on frowning at her!! Despite our catastrophic unlucky experience, we ended up winning the second prize. After the contest, Ate Mabel explained to me what had happened and so we’re cool again!

Trivia about Gerryl: She used to love keeping her feet wet and moist all the time! She also likes to apply vicks vapor rub on her nose- a.k.a. addicted to vicks!

Even though the three of us have taken our own separate paths in life, we are always here for each other. We might be a few thousand miles away, but the distance is never a hindrance. The precious memories are there to remain- silly, embarrassing, painful and happy. The present might be a little different, but we will never fail to remember where we came from. The past will always be a part of who we are now and what will become in the future.

-GMG Sisters-
Add to Technorati FavoritesAdd to Google Reader or Homepage

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Wow! I'm really impressed! You ladies are not only pretty but you have the talent of writing as well...very nice blog, i will surely be able to get to know you three better!
    God bless you all and i look forward to the next entry!
    Lily
    Anonymous said...
    Thank u sis! We really appreciate you visiting our blog. You take care and kisses to ur angels! =)
    Anonymous said...
    God Bless to threesomes :)
    GMG said...
    salamat shinggay! God bless you too!

Post a Comment