The Power Of Three by GMG Sisters
Life is just fine...
Sometimes it's full of bliss...
Other times it can be filled with darkness...
But whatever life may bring....
We will always have one another through thick and thin!

“It‘s your fault!”, “What did I do?”, “I deserve an apology!” Sound familiar? These are the typical exchange of words we experience in a heated argument with someone. What happens next?! Both are hurt and both are too stubborn to say sorry!

Saying I’m sorry is not an area of my expertise. But today, I managed to become a better person by humbly apologizing to a loved one that I did hurt. You see sometimes, we hardly realize the importance of swallowing our pride to tell our loved ones how sorry we are for hurting them. I guess we don’t really intend to appear rude or uncaring, it’s just that sometimes it is difficult to utter those three important words because we‘re not used to saying it.

For people like me, maybe learning how to apologize in small mistakes will help us build more courage to recognize our shortcomings. We should probably start small and try our best to work our way up. Maybe practicing and saying it more often will help us mold it as a form of habit. If it becomes a habit, it will be a lot easier to acknowledge our own faults.

I think it is necessary to cultivate in our minds that we need to pay more attention towards the feelings of others. Having loved ones and being in a relationship comes in the form of a package with misunderstandings and arguments. So for us to maintain a healthy and harmonious relationship with the people close to us, we should be willing to say “I’m sorry.”

Today, I’m happy to say that I have increased my level of maturity by lowering my pride and admitting my downfalls. Here are 15 ways to say "I'm sorry" to a person you love: Click HERE


-Gerryl-
Add to Technorati FavoritesAdd to Google Reader or Homepage

1 Comment:

  1. Unknown said...
    Whoooo!! I know what you mean here. Pride is a mofo. It can prevent the strongest of bonds to crumble instantly. Good on you for doing what you did. I should try harder to say the very words, "I'm sorry"....

Post a Comment