The Power Of Three by GMG Sisters
Life is just fine...
Sometimes it's full of bliss...
Other times it can be filled with darkness...
But whatever life may bring....
We will always have one another through thick and thin!

Picture by Mark Parisi WEBSITE
I happen to accidentally run into a baby delivery video on Youtube. There was no warning or information about the content...or maybe there was but I overlooked it. The video started playing and I had no idea that I was in for a not so pleasant surprise. I was basically clueless the first few seconds of what was going on in the video, until it started to look really freaky. When I realized that a baby's head was slowly popping out, I closed the tab instantly! My jaw dropped seeing the teeny-tiny hole painstakingly stretched out into an unimaginable size. I know that a baby's birth is supposed to be special and beautiful, but I was not prepared to see that yet...not now!! No wonder why some dads pass out inside the delivery room. They probably can't handle the feeling of excitement and stress at the same time!
Picture by Dan Reynolds WEBSITE
The idea of having a cute adorable baby to care for is very exhilarating. But the excruciating contractions and the never-ending cycle of pushing is something that I can live without! I already told Mike in advance that someday when I get pregnant and when I'm having my labor, nobody is allowed to look down there except the doctor! LOL But of course in reality, I'm pretty sure that my energy would be so drained to actually care about it!

To all the brave moms out there.. you have my utmost respect and admiration!
I salute you ladies for the months of carrying the baby inside your womb and the strength you've all shown during the hours of agony in the delivery room. I don't know how you ladies did it but I'm hoping that someday, I will be brave enough to bear the whole process too! -Mabel-

Add to Technorati FavoritesAdd to Google Reader or Homepage

14 Comments:

  1. anne said...
    hehehe and when you have it girl. your happiness will never be measured.
    Sara said...
    I was scared to death, but it really wasn't that bad!
    stormin said...
    i remember passing a kidney stone back in 1991. the pain was excruciating. i literally wanted to die so that the pain would end. later my doctor told me that the pain of passing a kidney stone was the equivalent of child birth. if i was a woman possesing that information i would never have children. of course they have pain killers you can use, epidural i think. i'm sure i spelled that wrong. once the morphine for my kidney stone kicked in i couldn't feel a thing till the next day.
    Anonymous said...
    You are right about that Mabel. Come delivery time, you wouldn't care if there are a ton of people in the room. All you'll care about is pushing your baby out and seeing his or her face for the first time. :)
    Claw Machines said...
    Hi Mabel,

    I would like to ask if we could have an exchange link of my blog
    http://cebuimage.blogspot.com and
    http://depedcebu.blogspot.com.

    Let me know your feedback

    Lance
    Anonymous said...
    Anne, that's true. I love babies, how much more if it's mine. :)
    Sara, yours must be easy. I have a friend who had her labor for 3 hours. She said it wasn't fun at all.
    Stormin, sorry to hear that. But I guess you'll appreciate and understand your wife better now when she gets pregnant. :)
    Babette, yeah.. it'll be more fun once the painful part is over!
    Anonymous said...
    Hi Mabel! Thanks for dropping by. Pregnancy and delivery could be easy for some and hard to others. But you know what, the hardest part lies on raising that baby/ies. :)
    CaNdi said...
    Mabel, you are making me scared...don't forget i am pregnant!
    Anonymous said...
    Crissy, didn't think about that but it's true! i guess the labor is just the start of the torture! lol I know I still have a lot to learn about parenting.
    Candi, sorry girl! I didn't mean to make you scared. You'll be fine... if they can do it, we can too! ;)
    Raquel said...
    Hi Mabel, this is what I've missed when I delivered my two children. I didn't feel the pain during labor because I took the epidural. If ever I'll be pregnant again, I think I will try the without epidural.
    Mariecel said...
    Oftentimes, during labour, women are offered the opportunity to see their baby crowning by means of a mirror... **shivers**

    I have four children and never took them up on the offer! That is something I didn't need to see. I did touch their heads though - it was a good way of reminding myself the pain was almost at an end! LOL

    http://www.cosmopolite-kaffeeklatsch.blogspot.com/
    Anonymous said...
    hi mabel, mixed emotion can't explain the happiness of having a baby and the mystery of labor especially.
    Anonymous said...
    hahaa...apir! hadlok paminawon
    Unknown said...
    hehehehe hehehehe...the most painful part i feel when im having samantha is during the contractions....day/hours before labour. you need to have your hubby with you all the time , i dont know why its naturally different when its the husband rubbing your back ...its big help to ease the bad pain.
    as what the doctor and midwife says every pain is for the baby.
    one thing its not painful when the babys head coming out from our ::::: you wont even feel a thing....i swear! hehehehe or maybe because during my pregnacy i did a lot of pelvic floor exercise/perenial massage ..helps big time.....
    taas na kaayo akong comments....
    P.S the lack of sleep after having baby is not really exciting....
    anyway, when are you and mike gonna have one? wink! ;-)

Post a Comment