The Power Of Three by GMG Sisters
Life is just fine...
Sometimes it's full of bliss...
Other times it can be filled with darkness...
But whatever life may bring....
We will always have one another through thick and thin!

My dad has been long suffering from the complications of diabetes. For a long time, he refused to believe that there's still hope for his condition through hospitalization. His illness crippled him causing his legs to swell, turning his skin yellowish and giving him major breathing problems. It’s very alarming to the family knowing that a loved one is fighting for his life. A couple of weeks ago, he expressed his goodbyes to the family saying he might not be able to live long enough to see his two daughters again and witness his future grandchildren grow. My heart was shattered into pieces when I talked to him on the phone, hearing him say that he is very tired and he is ready to die. Right at that moment, I felt like he’s drifting away- ready to accept his fate, awaiting for his journey ahead...and never coming back.

Last week we were able to convince him that he needs to be admitted to the hospital. He’s pessimistic about recovering through hospital care because he has heard a few horror stories and death experiences of neighbors and relatives in the hospital. They all left their families behind cringing for all the financial burdens caused by the piles of bills charged by the hospital for their services. My dad thinks his condition is hopeless and he said if he's going to die anyway, might as well die without leaving serious debt to the family. But all these negative thoughts faded when he got admitted and started to feel a lot better with the great patient care he received from his doctors and nurses. The doctor said there’s no need for surgery or any intensive treatments like dialysis for his kidney- they gave him a lot of pills to take though. His swollen legs are shrinking now, which we're really happy about. His breathing is a lot better also but they’re still seriously monitoring his sugar, blood pressure and creatinine levels. Hope is strongly growing inside our hearts again. I am very thankful and very optimistic about his recovery. Although everything is not back to normal yet, the important thing is that he'll recover slowly. I love my dad and I would love to see him live many more happy years with his family. -MABEL-

Add to Technorati FavoritesAdd to Google Reader or Homepage

19 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Sorry to hear that...
    I know somebody who's suffering from diabetes for a few years already.. He used to be in and out of the hospital but after some time, his condition got better and he's better now.

    He's able to walk now(doctors told him he will not be able to walk) after his operation to amputate his toes. Diabetics need a lot of TLC and they are very fragile. Not the slightest wound to be inflicted and regular medications need to be taken.

    There's no cure to it, but going to the hospital definitely helps. Hope your dad will get better soon.. =)
    Anonymous said...
    Let's pray for your father that he may recover quickly and restore his good health.
    Anonymous said...
    I will keep your father in prayers Mabel. I hope he will get better real soon.
    Anonymous said...
    I'm glad he finally went for treatment. Diabetes is a very serious disease, but we can help ourselves and fight it! I've had diabetes for five years now. It's not easy to live with.

    Eating right, exercising, and taking medications as directed are the best things your dad can do for himself. I wish him all the best.
    Anonymous said...
    Cashmere, Bill, Ate Bing and Angel.. thanks for the wishes and prayers. We're hopeful that his medicines will at least improve his current condition. We're looking forward to his recovery.
    Anonymous said...
    oh, my god mabel, i had also a cousin who's in the hospital right now sufferring for cancer, i can feel the sadness of family it is very hard for us too, God's well na lang siguro and we're praying also for her recovery, I'm happy for your dad now that his getting well. God blessed to you and specially to your dad and the family.
    Anonymous said...
    Sweet heaven, I hope your cousin will get better too. This is a part of life that we all have to deal with. Let's strengthen our faith and hope for the best to happen.
    Vj said...
    wish him well, and bless be with everyone you loved! :)
    xx
    Anonymous said...
    I hope and pray that your dad get better soon..

    Just believe in HIM.. Nothing is impossible..

    God bless Mabel!
    Anonymous said...
    Having Diabetes is really hard. My dad has type 2 and it takes a lot of effort for him to watch his sugar intake. He learned not to depend on white rice and other starches. That's good that your dad checked into the hospital, there are a lot of medications that can help his medical problem. I hope your dad gets better.
    davinci said...
    Once I had a coffee overdoes and felt like I was dying. It's a horrible feeling - that you're about to die. I hope your father gets well really soon.
    stormin said...
    prayers and best wishes to your father Mabel. i have a very good friend at work who has diabetes but as long as he eats right and follows his doctors advice he is able to live a happy and healthy life. we all get very stubborn and set in our ways and that is why your father needs love, encouragement, and even nagging from friends and family to stick with his doctors advice on the correct things to eat and taking his medication when required.
    Anonymous said...
    Hi Mabel
    I'll keep your father in my daily prayers. I have lost uncles and grandparents to diabetes and I have to watch my blood sugar levels. So far I haven't got the disease but it is only through proper diet and exercise.
    Unknown said...
    Mabel, when I say I'm gonna pray for you and your family, I will. I think it's so cool that your Dad chose to go to the hospital. May he have a full recovery.
    Anonymous said...
    Vee, Jean, Babette, Davinci, Stormin and Mr Chap.. thanks a lot guys! your comments mean a lot to me and my family.
    Anonymous said...
    Mabel, sorry about your father. I am a Pastor and would like to extend my prayers for your family. Also, I would like to share this with you, I hope you can print it out, the text contained at least, and read it to your father.

    http://www.sbcmakati.org/?page_id=33
    Cely said...
    Mabel, we're on the same boat! My mom has been under medication for over 4 years now. She's been going back and forth to the hospital and God knows how much we spend for her medicines every month. But we still want her to live. It's just a wish now... she can no longer enjoy the remaining years of her life because of so many restrictions. Only god knows but we are trying....
    Unknown said...
    My prayers for u. Be strong. Believe in Him more in trying times.
    Unknown said...
    *hugs* to you. I am with you in prayers. Take care!

Post a Comment